Glaze/Re-glaze your frame
If you are happy with your current prescription frames and they are still in good condition, you can have new lenses inserted into them with your current prescription.
We offer a wide variety of the best quality lenses on the market to meet almost any requirement. Whether you need to replace the lenses in your existing glasses, add a tint perhaps, or would like to improve the lens quality in your sunglasses or goggles, we will have the package for you.
Just follow the 5 easy steps below. As we are registered ophthalmic practitioners, you will receive the same quality of products as provided by your high street optician but with greater choice and more convenience.
Please note: While every effort will be made to safeguard your eyewear, as with all high street opticians, re-glazes are at your risk. Older frames start to age harden after 2 year and can break when new lenses are being inserted. If this happens, your order will be cancelled and your frame returned to you. For further details, please see disclaimer below.
- Let us know the frame / type of frame you are returning as requested below.
- Choose a prescription package as prompted.
- Fill in your prescription details as prompted.
- Proceed to check out and make payment securely online.
- Print off a copy of your receipt and send your eyewear to us. If you wish to glaze a frame that you have bought from us to try on, just use the existing packaging. Return to Eyekit Limited, B5B The Balcony, Corn Exchange, Call Lane, Leeds, LS1 7BR, United Kingdom
Once received we will process your order and return the re-glazed eyewear back to you within 5 to 15 working days (this does not include weekends or bank holidays) dependent on the prescription package required.
- We will not accept responsibility for the replacement of frames that are damaged during the re-glazing process.
- Wherever possible, your old lenses will be returned to you. However, we will not accept responsibility for old lenses that are lost or damaged during the re-glazing process.
- We will not take responsibility for loss or damage to your frames in transit from you to us. We recommend you post them to us using the Royal Mail ‘Recorded Signed For’ service or similar.
- We reserve the right to refuse to re-glaze any frames we deem unsuitable. If this occurs, your frames will be posted back to you.
- We cannot re-glaze any protective eyewear containing the British Safety Kitemark or equivalent unless originally supplied by us or where you can provide a certificate of conformity that shows it is less than two years old. Metal frames can be re-glazed at the end of this period with a further 24 months certification being issued dependent on the condition of the frame.
- We will not re-glaze any sports safety frames that are over 1 year old as we do not know the history of the frame we can only guarantee the replacement lenses for 12 months.
- You agree that the frame will only be used for general use and not for impact sports.