Buying Eyewear - A Quick Guide
Below are listed the main areas that our customers sometimes need guidance when buying sunglasses, glasses and goggles with us. We hope it is helpful to you. Just click on the section of interest.
- Making the right choice – Worth reading, particularly if you are buying sunglasses with a sport or leisure activity in mind.
- How to Choose a Frame that Fits – It’s important that your eyewear fit properly. Use this guide to make sure you select the frame sizes most suitable for you.
- Choosing Eyewear to Suit your Face Shape – If you are not sure which shape of glasses or sunglasses to buy, this guide will give you a few pointers.
- Prescriptions Explained – Sections of this information is also available by pressing the help buttons when you input your prescription onto this web site.
- How to measure your Pupillary Distance Useful; as many opticians do not provide this information unless you ask them.
Eyekit.co has been created to help you make the most informed selection as easy as possible. Just follow the steps below.
- Select from the tabs at the top of the website the category of products you wish to purchase. Let’s say sunglasses.
- If you want them for a specific purpose, use the advanced search facility on the left of the screen. It will preselect the most suitable options for you.
- Choose the sunglasses that interest you. This will take you to the detailed product page which will provide you with a summary of their key features and performance characteristics. You can also use the slider on the page to view all your other preselected options saving you time going back and forwards. You can use this to compare features and benefits. Don’t forget to select a frame that matches your face size!
- When you are happy with your selection, and do not require a prescription, just add to basket. If you require a prescription, just click the 'prescription available' icon below the product image. It will take you to the prescription tab and show you all the packages available for your selection. Click on the package you require and enter your prescription as directed. Once your details and prescription are in our system they will be retained to save you time re-entering them in the future. Don’t worry, only you and our registered optician will be able to access this information.
- When you have finished, go to check out. Check that all the details are correct, click enter and go to the payment section.
- You can pay online using most major credit and debit cards. Once in the payment section, all the information you enter is encrypted for security. We use the highest level of encryption software available.
- You will then receive a separate email confirming your order and order reference number.
Not sure about the type of eyewear or prescription you require? At any stage you can use the Information Resource tabs on the left of the screen to guide you through the process. We hope you enjoy your shopping experience.