Anti-Glare Lenses Explained
Anti Glare prescription and non-prescription lenses for glasses
Our anti-glare lenses are made from a unique lens formulation called Vista Mesh.They are mid index lenses which are lighter and thinner than standard CR39 lenses. As the name implies, they incorporate a micro-mesh filter which acts in the same way as a polarising filter in sunglasses - the big difference is the Vista Mesh lens has a cosmetically attractive pale brown tint to enable their use indoors under artificial light (With a light transmission of 90% it meets standard requirements for day and night driving). These lenses have been designed to align scattered reflections, dampen flicker and block electromagnetic radiation. They work just as effectively as a plano non-prescription or prescription option.
Who will benefit and where?
- Office environments where fluorescent lighting is used.
- Where continuous use of computer screens causes eye stress and/or headaches.
- For those who suffer from visual blindness caused by the glare from oncoming vehicles at night.
- Been shown to improve reading ability of children and those with special needs.
- Those who suffer from PSE (Photosensitive Epilepsy) or Dyslexia.
- Helps migraine sufferers by reducing visual stress.
- Stroke victims who are left with 'patchy' vision by providing a more complete visual experience.
- Keratoconus patients who wear an over refraction find that they obtain sharper vision when using Vista-Mesh.
- Post Cataract patients who are unable to tolerate PC screens or with a history of headaches and clinical visual problems find it much more comfortable wearing Vista Mesh Rx.
- 90% light transmission brown contrast filter
- Reflection free anti-reflective coating
- Super Easyclean top coat
- UV385 cut-off
- Unique V-M optical mesh filter
- Mid index 1.56 material
- Aligns scattered light reflections
- Dampens flicker
- Sharpens contrast
- Reduces eye strain
- Deflects EMI radiations
How do I order Vista-Mesh lenses for my chosen eyewear?
Once you have selected your chosen eyewear, just click on the 'Prescription Available' icon below the product image and where it states 'Type of lens required' click on the 'Thin' button. This will reduce the choice of lens package options on the slider bar at the bottom of the page. All our Vista-Mesh packages are hyphenated with 'Anti-Glare' in the description. See below a summary of the prescription packages availabe.
Just had a cataract operation and need non-prescription lenses to prevent glare while driving at night?
If you are unable to tolerate PC screens, history of headaches or clinical visual problems such as suffering from glare while driving at night but do not need a prescription, you can order the Vista Mesh lenses as a plano (none-prescription) Vista-Mesh lenses for any chosen eyewear. Just follow the instructions above and when you are asked for a prescription, from the drop down menu under Sphere, select ‘Plano’ or the ‘0.00’ option for a zero prescription. You will be asked to fill in the PD box which is required for normal prescription lenses. Here you can select any number from the drop down menu.This will not be used for a plano prescription.