Serengeti - 4500
- Frame Colour: Satin Brown Lens Colour: PhD Polarised Drivers
- Frame Colour: Satin Black Lens Colour: PhD Polarised 555nm
- Frame Colour: Satin Black Lens Colour: PhD Polarised 555nm Blue
Seregenti Sunglasses 4500 - Available with Prescription
Drawing its inspiration directly from the race, the Serengeti 4500 is named after the number of kilometres driven over the course of the 24 hours event. The design stays true to the spirit of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, with an ultra-light construction and sportier design.
Frame Key Features
- Anti-Slip Nose Piece - Ensures maximum comfort and eliminate slippage.
- Anti-Slip Temples - Incorporates non slip components, helping to keep the frame securely on your face.
- Wrapped frame & temples – Extensive curvature provides for the widest field of vision as well as optimum proctection for the eye area. Provides better ergonomic profile for firm fitting on face or head.
- Carrying Case - Includes a hard case and microfiber cloth.
Lens Key Features
- Lens Material – NXT. Its transparency and stability over time are exceptional (no cracking). It is ultra-light, has exceptional optics, is unbreakable and solvent-resistant.
- Lens Filter – Polarized. Eliminates glare from water or road surfaces ensuring purity of vision.
- Lens Filter – Photochromic. They are a state-of-the-art, high contrast, light reactive lens that changes lens tint density with the changing light conditions providing comfortable vision whatever the light intensity.
- Lens Category – Cat. 2 to 3. With a visible light transmission of 19% to 8%, they are ideal for wearing in cloudy to bright sunny days.
- Lens Curvature – 8 base. Improves awareness and offers good periphery vision.
- Flash Mirror Coating - A flash or mirror coating is good for situations that require a reduction in the overall brilliance of light, such as sunlight on snow, roads or water.
- 100% UV Protection - Protects your eyes against harmful UV rays.
- Green Tint - Faithful colour reproduction.
These Serengeti sunglasses were designed to take most prescriptions that will fit directly into the frame. If required click on 'Prescription available' icon and select the prescription package you need. Once selected, your prescription will be incorporated into your selected eyewear. Run by qualified opticians, and as part of our customer care process, all eyewear are tested by eyekit to ensure they meet the correct UV rating and your exact prescription before being dispatched.
Born in Florida in 1985, the Serengeti brand was immediately positioned in the top end Polarized sunglasses market due to its unique combination of lens features and major innovations:
- Photochromic technology
- Anti-blue light technology
- Spectral control technology (improvement of contrast and colours)
- Polarized filter absorbing 100% of reflected light
With such technical qualities Serengeti sunglasses are naturally suited to driving and aviation and are recommended by opthamologists.
Going beyond technical performance, Serengeti always new how to support its innovations with stylish, timeless and elegant frames for the discerning wearer. Serengeti has recently added a fresh, dynamic sports line as well as luxury line for women.
Worn for many years by ambassadors of international fame (Val Kilmer, Peta Wilson, Patrick Dempsey, Alain Prost, James Denton) Serengeti combines all the qualities which you look for in your sunglasses: performance, elegance, protection and style!
As the maker of one of the world’s finest driving sunglass, they utilize only the very latest technologies and premium materials, coupled with the most talented professionals and designers. Serengeti sunglasses feature unparalleled attention to detail and intelligent refinements, and they exceed government and commercial standards when it comes to protection. Altogether, their technology is designed so that you can effortlessly see every detail on the road.
Serengeti Sunglasses Frame Technology
Nylon – Using only the highest quality injected nylon for superior durability, these frames have the added benefit of being exceptionally light, flexible and comfortable – not to mention highly fashionable.
Titanium - Elementally speaking, titanium has it all. These frames are ultra-lightweight, extremely strong and designed to automatically adjust to the contours of your head for long-lasting comfort. Available on Velocity model.
Wire-Flex – Designed to bend to the contours of your face, the Wire-flex frames feature a highly flexible and strong blend of nickel, silver and stainless steel. The result is a fit that gels truly customized. Some Wire-Flex frames are available with leather-like Tannery finishes.
S-Flex – The revolutionary S-Flex design employs a mix of monel and beta titanium metals for a supremely durable, lightweight frae. It is also engineered with the 2S2- shaped temple design, providing a snug fit and unparalleled comfort. Some S-Flex frames are available with leather- like Tannery finishes.
Serengeti Sunglasses Lens Technology
Serengeti makes two types of lenses, glass and Polar PhD. Since Serengeti pioneered photochromic technology, it should come as no surprise that all of their lenses feature this technology, which ensures your eyes remain fatigue-free throughout the day regardless of the light conditions.
Glass Lenses – Serengeti glass lenses are the most optically advanced glass lenses on the market. One of the ways they achieve this superior status is through their proprietary hydrogen firing process, which utilizes various and precise temperatures to embed photochromic and Spectral Control technology into the lens. This process also enables us to create exclusive lens colour, providing the ultimate in colour contrast, along with a high-definition view.
Polar PhD Lenses – Their Polar PhD lens is buil upon the NXT platform and is exceedingly lightweight and retains all the technologies, exclusive hues and hi-definition benefits that are near-glass in quality. What’s more, their Advanced Polarized Surface Technology had been engineered into the backside of the lens, to avoid the delamination and deterioration inherent with film.
PHOTOCHROMIC - Adjusts to changing light conditions.
Just like with touring, the ability to adapt to our new environment is a valuable asset to any and every driver. Their photochromic technology works by embedding molecules within the lens that are designed to constantly adjust to changing light conditions, so your eyes are free to stay focused on the road ahead.
SPECTRAL CONTROL - Provides control over light and colour.
By managing colours within the visible light spectrum, Spectral Control technology gives you stunning, high-definition contrast and colour enhancement. This essentially gives your eyes control over the light, resulting in crisper vision and amazing clear images, while blocking out distracting blue light for less eye fatigue.
POLARIZATION - Eliminates glare, enhances clarity.
It may be beautiful scenery, but if light is bouncing around and being reflected off myriad surfaces, you’re not going to see it at its best. That’s why their polarization technology is specifically engineered to eliminate distracting glare, giving the wearer unsurpassed clarity and comfort.