Gill - SENSE - BIFOCAL
Gill Sunglasses Sense 9663 - Bifocal
Gill’s polarised bifocal sunglasses are the perfect solution for outdoor enthusiasts, allowing you to leave your readers at home. As with all Gill eyewear, this new style is designed to float for an easy rescue.
Frame Key Features
- Anti-Slip Nose Piece - Ensures maximum comfort and eliminate slippage.
- Anti-Slip Temples - Incorporates non slip components, helping to keep the frame securely on your face.
- Floatable Frames - Will float on water.
- Removable Retaining Strap - Allows attachment of a cord.
- Wrapped frame & temples – Extensive curvature provides for the widest field of vision as well as optimum proctection for the eye area. Provides better ergonomic profile for firm fitting on face or head.
- Carrying Case - Includes a draw string microfiber bag.
Lens Key Features
- Lens Material – Polycarbonate. They are light yet offer good shock resistance. Great for sport and general purpose wear.
- Lens Filter – Polarized. Eliminates glare from snow, water or road surfaces ensuring purity of vision and protecting the eyes from strain.
- Lens Category – Cat. 3. With a visible light transmission of 15%, they are ideal for sunny conditions.
- Lens Curvature – 8 base. Improves awareness and offers better periphery vision.
- 100% UV Protection - Protects your eyes against harmful UV rays.
- Brown Tint - Accentuates relief.
- Bifocal Available - Strengths; +1.50, +2.50
Gill has been established since 1980 and is known for making ultra technical marine clothing. There focus is solely on providing products for sailing.
Frames are manufactured from Grilamid TR90 a light, tough and flexible cutting edge material. All Gill Sailing Sunglasses are engineered to float.
Gill's lenses are made by Polariod. Though most tinted lenses will provide some absorption to dampen brightness, only a polarized lens can effectively eliminate blinding glare. See our section on Polarizing Lenses in the information section of our site for more details about the benefits of Polaroid lenses in particular sports.
Polaroid's polarizing lenses are made up of nine functional elements ultra-carefully bonded together to achieve a high-performance optical product: The main element of the sandwich lens construction is the polarizing light filter in the centre. Laminated to both sides of the filter are UV light absorbers, which block 100% of harmful UVA, UVB, and UVC radiation. Optically corrected, shatter-resistant cushion elements are laminated to both sides of the UV absorbers, followed by a unique scratchproof coating applied to the outer surfaces.